You're likely reading this page because you love unique, high-quality handmade creations. Like other fans of Lost & Forged:
- You want to surprise and delight others with your sense of style (our creations aren't only beautiful at first glance; on closer examination they reveal interesting stories).
- You refuse compromise between beauty/sustainability or artistry - so we make sure everything has a story behind it!
- You like to inspire with unique luster
- You prefer small businesses or products made in America
Lost & Forged offers lustrous metal creations from reclaimed vintage materials. I create rings for fingers, bracelets that will look great on either arm of your outfit, money clips, candlesticks, home decor, Judaica… I mean the list goes on and on! And I do that through using traditional silversmithing techniques passed down by generations of handmade artists.
In other words, I find old objects and make them new again in the process of upcycling these items for an array of different purposes - from fun art pieces to functional jewelry!
Want more info about Lost & Forged? Here are answers to FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
ABOUT THE ARTIST/OWNER
Doug Heifetz creates his artwork to celebrate surprising transformations and to make upcycling irresistible. Through his small studio operation, Lost & Forged, he offers a wide range of original jewelry, accessories, Judaica items and decor pieces, all made by hand from antique silverware and other reclaimed metal objects. He began his artistic work in 2015. Since then, Heifetz has shipped his pieces to buyers in dozens of countries overseas and all 50 US states.
He has received a number of awards and distinctions, such as:
- Best in Jewelry Category, Manayunk Arts Festival, 2021
- Best in Show for Innovative Booth Design, NY NOW 2019 Winter Market
- American Craft Week Showcase Winner, 2018
- Gifter at Golden Globes Celebrity Gifting Suite, 2017
- Artscape (Baltimore) Emerging Artist for Jewelry, 2016
A number of media outlets have covered his work, including:
- Montgomery Magazine
- Handmade Business Magazine
- Baltimore Style
- Organic Spa Magazine
- Washington Jewish Week
- Antique Week (here, here, and here)
- Telemundo 44 TV (DC area)
Doug lives in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA, with his two children. He was the full-time rabbi of a local synagogue for 11 years, but shifted his main professional focus to his artwork from 2017 onward. In addition to his work with Lost & Forged, he now serves as the part-time rabbi of Beit Tikvah in Baltimore.
Want more info about Doug and his work? Check out these blog articles:
Lost & Forged Links:
Website Home Page: www.lostandforged.com
Etsy Shop: www.lostandforged.etsy.com