The octopus is among the most intelligent and graceful creatures of the sea.
As much as I admire the creature's aquatic grace, it doesn't exactly help me feel better about my clumsy existence. You know what I find cathartic, though? I love to imagine an octopus who acts as clumsy, reckless, impulsive and temperamental as us humans. Call it schadenfreude, or 'misery loves company', or art imitating life.
Whatever you call it, this functional fork sculpture decorates the wall nicely and hangs lots of things in place. It may not help you get a grip on that bad temper of yours, but it will neatly hold your keychain, dog leash, small handbag or backpack, jacket, etc.
We create each one from an oversized, vintage, continental European dinner fork.
- A handcrafted Octopus wall hook, made from a vintage silverplate table fork
- The metal hook measures approximately:
- 3 inches tall
- 3.5 inches wide
- 2 inches deep
- Comes with two black wood screws, which form the 'eyes' of the octopus and allow you to mount it on any wood surface.
- The metal sculpture is available in two different versions: 'heavy duty' with fully textured fork tine tentacles, or 'light duty' with partially textured fork tine tentacles
- Choose between metal hook only, or mounted on a nicely finished, 10"x10" wood display plaque, signed by the artist
- Ships in 3-4 business days
- Rush shipping is available
- Covered by our 45-day money back guarantee
Place your order today and it will soon be arriving for you to give or display in your home.
Inspiration for this piece comes from a classic bit of bathroom graffiti: