I’m looking for a seasonal holiday sales assistant for my handmade art jewelry business.Contact Person: Doug Heifetz, Artist & Owner
Responsibilities: The sales associate will help staff my booth at the Downtown Holiday Market and sell Lost & Forged handmade jewelry and decor pieces to market customers. My team members and I will train the staff person to adjust spoon ring sizes for individual customers - we sell a lot of rings. The sales assistant will process customer payments using simple digital tools, to be provided. Depending on schedule, the sales assistant may need to open the booth at the beginning of a shift or close it at the end.
Training: We will provide paid, on-the-job training. This might include work hours at weekend shows in September, October or early November, and/or the first work shifts after the start of the Downtown Holiday Market in the second half of November.
Requirements - the sales assistant should be:
- Prompt and reliable
- Friendly and outgoing
- Enthusiastic about artwork and handmade jewelry
- Confident wearing and demonstrating our jewelry, including a range of relatively feminine, masculine and unisex pieces.
- Capable of quickly learning to use a digital payment app on a mobile device (Android or iOS), to be provided
- Capable of learning some simple metalsmith tools/techniques (no prior experience is needed)
- Compliant with Downtown Holiday Market safety protocols
Other desired--but not required--traits include:
- Good design sense
- Skill with hand tools
- Experience in arts or crafts
- Previous retail sales experience